Sooo busy! Too busy to write blog posts! But never too busy to cook, eat (!), and take pictures of my lovely food adventures!
I made apple strudel the other day. It was my first time working with phyllo pastry and the strudel turned out pretty darn fine if you ask me! All you need to know is that I adapted a few recipes that I found online. Will update you on tips for phyllo pastry.
If you’ve ever made or have a recipe for apple pie filling, you just use that instead.
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) apple juice
- 1 tbsp tapioca granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, cardamom and coriander
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon (80 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick / 115 g) unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (350 ml) fresh bread crumbs
- 2 pounds (900 g) tart cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut into ¼ inch-thick slices (use apples that hold their shape during baking)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil, plus additional for coating the dough
- Frozen phyllo pastry dough
Instructions to come!!